Contractual Hours: 37.5 Hours per week- Monday to Friday 09:00AM- 5:30PM
About BIMM Institute
BIMM, The British and Irish Modern Music Institute, has colleges in eight cities where music matters most – London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham – and is proud to be the largest and leading provider of contemporary music education in Europe.
Our eight BIMM colleges have over 50 years’ experience between them in helping students launch successful careers in the music industry.
We offer a broad range of Higher and Further Education music courses – including BA Honours Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and Postgraduate Teaching Certificates. Our professional highly vocational and real-world courses include studies in guitar, bass, drums, vocals, song writing, music production, music business, music journalism and event management.
The role will be based at BIMM Institute Berlin. Attendance at Berlin or Hamburg Open Days will be required on at least one Saturday per month, plus occasional travel for promotional events as a representative of the BIMM Institute.
The post holder should be experienced in communication and administration. They need to be bi-lingual, fluently speaking English and German. The post holder will be able to fulfil a wide range of duties in order to ensure the continued success of BIMM Institute Berlin and Hamburg, and the achievement of our target number of students in our sixth year of operation. Key attributes include:
- Sales-focused and target-driven qualities
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Excellent ambassadorial and promotional skills
- Ability to quickly undertake training to understand all aspects of the BIMM Brand, courses and admissions processes.
- Ability to work flexibly and calmly under pressure
- Strong communication skills, good phone manner
- Fluent in English and German language
- Passion, and preferably experience, for music and the creative arts
Principal accountabilities / main tasks
- Assisting the Head of Admissions to ensure BIMM Berlin and Hamburg successfully meet targets
- Managing enquires, ensuring prompt response times
- Ensuring that communication of all aspects of the BIMM course offer is delivered to potential applicants correctly
- Liaise with BIMM central admissions team to ensure efficient and effective admissions processes for incoming students
- Processing UCAS applications
- Assist with the arrangements for booking all auditions and assessment days
- Assist with administering Open Day attendee bookings
In addition to the above, it is desirable that this role:
- Supports the delivery of promotional events and presentations when needed (Open Days, Schools Tours and Events)
- Supports the delivery of tours and consultations at BIMM Institute Berlin and Hamburg
- German Certificate of Good Behaviour will be required from the successful candidate
NB: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties in keeping with the nature of the post as directed by and agreed with the College Principal.