This is a newly created opportunity based in our Frankfurt office to partner with our Country and Marketing heads to raise brand awareness of Columbia Threadneedle Investments in Northern Europe. The successful candidate will lead all local planning and marketing activities required to support our European Sales Strategies and campaigns. You will be working with key stakeholders across the wider organisation to deliver best in class implementation of European campaigns for existing products and fund launches; and to ensure delivery of relevant and compelling marketing messages, comms and investment marketing collateral.
Reporting to the Head of Northern European Wholesale Marketing (London based) the sucessful canadidate will work closely with the Marketing Executive in Frankfurt, and the broader Marketing team in London. You will be the day-to-day contact and subject matter expert for our Sales team in Frankfurt, Austria, and Switzerland. Your role will broadly cover seven key areas; Planning, Execution, Content, Events, Budget Management, Digital, and Media Planning.
Typical responsibilities include:
Effective local planning and execution
- Development and implementation of local B2B and B2B2C campaigns and marketing activities
- Marketing activity planning and execution aligned to sales strategy.
- Campaign activity evaluation and measurement.
- Utilise the full marketing mix for maximum impact and cut through including email, web, events, video, presentations, advertising and fund collateral.
- Responsible for ensuring DACH communications have a consistency of tone and message.
- Work with Third Parties to manage marketing requirements based on annual packages, to include extranet content, emails and newsletters.
- Monitor competitor activities to keep abreast of competitor positioning and activity.
- Customize and write text to suit local needs (invitations, email pushes, ads, advertorials, presentations, website, etc.).
- Distribute centrally created content across all relevant communication channels (internally and externally) in a timely and effective manner.
- Create marketing collateral to suit local needs, in conjunction with the Central Marketing Team
- Coordinate and proof-read translations.
- Work closely with the PR team to ensure an integrated marketing communication approach
- Planning, development and implementation of proprietary events and new event formats.
- Manage third party events including follow-up and evaluation.
- Budget planning and tracking, keep it constantly up to date and communicate over- and underspending regulary.
- Consider new and innovative ways to further distribute the ColumbiaThreadneedle message on a budget.
- Manage web content and work with Digital Marketing to enhance the content offered on the website.
- Ensure website and partner portals are up to date and aligned to sales strategy to support product sales.
- Be a champion of Salesforce Marketing Cloud – considering best practice for emails and looking at results to continually improve execution.
- Tracking and evaluation of KPIs.
- Regional advertising strategy and delivery in conjunction with Head of Northern European Wholesale Marketing
- Manage relationships with media partners and internal/external design agencies to deliver on brand and impactful print and online advertising campaigns.
Skills, capabilities, knowledge and experience required to achieve outputs.
- Native German speaker and and fluent in English essential
- Significant experience in a Marketing role within the Invesmtent Management Industry
- Outstanding writing/drafting skills
- Experience managing/co-ordinating Events, Roadshows, Digital Content, Email Campaigns and Marketing Collateral
- Experienced in media planning
- Wholesale channel knowledge
- Experience of working within a regulated environment
- Good knowledge of investment products and asset management industry in the region
- Good research, analysis and presentation skills
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Advance skills within digital marketing