Stuttgart - Germany
Apply now Job no: 493687
Work type: Staff Full-Time (Hybrid)
Location: Hybrid - South Hadley, MA
Categories: Institutional & Business Affairs
Position Type: Staff Full-Time (Hybrid)
Weeks per year: 52
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Department Summary & Job Purpose:
The Assistant Director, Public Affairs and Community Engagement, is a mid-level communications professional who will be part of a strategic, results-oriented team. The Assistant Director will provide outstanding communications content and outcomes to the Office of Communications and Mount Holyoke College, including promoting and elevating the overall image and reputation of the College through intentional and meaningful engagement and collaborations with external constituents and the greater community. This position is hybrid with a minimum of two days on-campus each week; however, due to the nature of the work, local proximity to the College is required with the expectation that additional time in person may be needed periodically.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications:• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in public relations, communication, marketing, journalism, or a related field, plus a minimum of 5 years of experience with demonstrated excellence in public affairs, communications, media relations, and/or marketing.
• Proven capacity for multi-tasking, with the ability to keep multiple projects moving forward simultaneously while meeting deadlines and anticipating future communications needs.
• Excellent writing skills and the ability to use language effectively.
• Strong understanding of the urgency needed to develop timely communications and exercise good judgment in prioritizing projects
• Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
• Excellent writing, editing, oral communication, interpersonal, organizational, and research skills, particularly in a fast-paced environment, while reflecting institutional priorities.
• Must be able to follow up and follow through with an attention to detail; Possess a good work ethic, be committed to campus goals, represent the College well, and have a sense of community; Highly effective collaborative and interpersonal skills; Must be able to interact effectively with internal and external audiences, including faculty, staff, and students. Ability to clearly articulate the value of a liberal arts education from a women’s College that is gender diverse.
Preferred Qualifications: • Master's degree in Communications, Journalism, or English
• Experience in education
Physical Demands:• Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. A job is considered sedentary if traversing is only required occasionally, and all other criteria for sedentary work are met.
• Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Sufficient clarity of speech required includes those which permit the employee to discern verbal instructions and communicate effectively in person and by telephone.
• The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and extensive reading.
• Employee operates office equipment and computers to perform essential duties and responsibilities
Working Conditions:• The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
• Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. Activities occur
Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment, supported by qualified employees that will allow all of its students, faculty, staff and those associated with them to successfully carry out the mission of the college. As a condition of employment, the College will conduct appropriate background checks for all new hires. Mount Holyoke has designated the Office of Human Resources as the office responsible for ensuring that background checks (CORI, SORI, Credit History, & Driver Credential) are completed and utilized in the hiring process and Five College Office of Compliance and Risk Management as the office responsible for facilitating background checks as articulated in this policy.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Apply online; application materials must include:
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: 19 Jul 2023 Eastern Daylight Time